Welcome to the NorWisRealty Blog!
Our mission is to keep you informed of the latest trends in the Northern Wisconsin real estate market. We hope our Blog Posts will be informative to you and that our tips and tricks for buying or selling real estate will save you both time and money. If you enjoy reading our posts we invite you to subscribe using the subscription tool to the right of this post. Rest assured we will never sell our subscription data and your information stays private to our company solely.
- The Two Big Issues the Housing Market’s Facing Right NowThe biggest challenge the housing market’s facing is how few homes there are for sale. Mark Fleming, Chief Economist at First American, explains the root causes of today’s low supply: “Two dynamics are keeping existing-home inventory historically low – rate-locked existing homeowners and the fear of not finding something to buy.” Let’s break down these two big issues in today’s housing market. Rate-Locked Homeowners According ...Learn more
- The Spring Housing Market Could Be a Sweet Spot for SellersSome Highlights The biggest challenge in the housing market is how few houses there are for sale compared to the number of people who want to buy. The number of homes for sale is up from last year but below pre-pandemic numbers, and that means we’re still in a sellers’ market. The housing market needs more homes for sale to meet the ...Learn more
- Lower Mortgage Rates Are Bringing Buyers Back to the MarketAs mortgage rates rose last year, activity in the housing market slowed down. And as a result, homes started seeing fewer offers and stayed on the market longer. That meant some homeowners decided to press pause on selling. Now, however, rates are beginning to come down—and buyers are starting to reenter the market. In fact, the latest data ...Learn more
- Want To Sell Your House? Price It Right.Last year, the housing market slowed down in response to higher mortgage rates, and that had an impact on home prices. If you’re thinking of selling your house soon, that means you’ll want to adjust your expectations accordingly. As realtor.com explains: “. . . some of the more prominent pandemic trends have changed, so sellers might wish to adjust accordingly to ...Learn more
- What Are Your Goals in the Housing Market This Year?If buying or selling a home is part of your dreams for 2023, it’s essential for you to understand today’s housing market, define your goals, and work with industry experts to bring your homeownership vision for the new year into focus. In the last year, high inflation had a big impact on the economy, the housing market, and ...Learn more