Welcome to the NorWisRealty Blog!
Our mission is to keep you informed of the latest trends in the Northern Wisconsin real estate market. We hope our Blog Posts will be informative to you and that our tips and tricks for buying or selling real estate will save you both time and money. If you enjoy reading our posts we invite you to subscribe using the subscription tool to the right of this post. Rest assured we will never sell our subscription data and your information stays private to our company solely.
- What Are Your Goals in the Housing Market This Year?If buying or selling a home is part of your dreams for 2023, it’s essential for you to understand today’s housing market, define your goals, and work with industry experts to bring your homeownership vision for the new year into focus. In the last year, high inflation had a big impact on the economy, the housing market, and ...Learn more
- Confused About What’s Going on in the Housing Market? Lean on a Professional.If you’re thinking about buying or selling a home, you probably want to know what’s really happening with home prices, mortgage rates, housing supply, and more. That’s not an easy task considering how sensationalized headlines are today. Jay Thompson, Real Estate Industry Consultant, explains: “Housing market headlines are everywhere. Many are quite sensational, ending with exclamation points or predicting impending doom for the ...Learn more
- Ready To Sell? Today’s Housing Supply Gives You Two Opportunities.At first glance, the increase in housing supply compared to last year may not sound like good news for prospective sellers, but it actually gives you two key opportunities in today’s housing market. An article from Calculated Risk helps put the inventory gains the market has seen in 2022 into perspective by comparing it to recent years (see graph below). It shows ...Learn more
- Home Equity: A Source of Strength for Homeowners TodayExperts agree there’s no chance of a large-scale foreclosure crisis like we saw back in 2008, and that’s good news for the housing market. As Mark Fleming, Chief Economist at First American, says: “. . . don’t expect a housing bust like the mid-2000s, as lending standards in this housing cycle have been much tighter and homeowners have historically high ...Learn more
- Taking the Fear out of Saving for a HomeIf you’re planning to buy a home, knowing what to budget for and how to save may sound scary at first. But it doesn’t have to be. One way to take the fear out of budgeting is understanding some of the costs you might encounter. And to do that, turn to trusted real estate professionals. They can ...Learn more